Its not only walnuts , cashews are also a a good soure of libido lifting nutrients.
“Improved circulation results in greater erectile response. To accomplish that, go for food rich in L-Arginine, such as granola, oatmeal, peanuts, cashews, walnuts, green vegetables, root vegetables, garlic, ginseng, chickpeas and seeds. Studies show that L-Arginine is helpful for improving sexual function in men. There haven’t been studies done on women — but remember, erectile response isn’t just a guy thing. “Women have erections too: in their clitoris and the tissue surrounding the vulva,” says Bartlik.
Nuts as Aphrodisiacs – How Eating Nuts can Boost your Love Life
The best part of using nuts as a source of protein is that unlike animal protein like beef, it is healthy for the heart.
- Nuts have in fact been proven to reduce cardiovascular disorders by lowering total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides
- as well as by supplying omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are believed to be essential for a healthy heart.
- Other than this, nuts are rich in essential fatty acids like linoleic and linolenic acids which are the building blocks for the production of sex hormones. T
- hey also help the body to store the vitamins that keep humans sexually active and full of desire.
- Moroever the fats in nuts for the most part are unsaturated fats, including monounsaturated fats which do not have the destructive effect of saturated fats on arteries and blood vessels.
- The heart is the main organ pumping oxygen-rich blood to all parts of the body including the genitals and this makes a healthy heart crucial to enjoyable sex.
Almost all the nuts that humans consume like pistachios, walnuts, pine nuts and cashew nuts are packed with vitamins and minerals, nutrients essential for a healthy sex life. Nuts like almonds are particularly a rich source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and Vitamin E which are necessary for the optimum functioning of sex hormones in the body, in both men and women.
Among the minerals found in significant amounts in nuts like chestnuts, pine nuts, cashew nuts and pistachios are,
- magnesium and
All are essential for healthy heart and bone function and without which a human being cannot be expected to enjoy sex to the full. Some like pine nuts also contain adequate amounts of zinc and selenium which are particularly beneficial for boosting the male libido and enhancing sexual performance in men. While zinc increases testosterone production and semen volume, selenium aids sperm mobility and motility.
In women on the other hand zinc is essential to maintain lubrication of vagina. Again certain nuts like Gingko nuts contain powerful antioxidant properties which not only work to increase vitality but also have beneficial properties on skin and hair, two aspects essential to sexual beauty.